Thursday, November 22, 2012

A little musical nostalgia for you


Well, it's a clear, crisp Fall Saturday night in Douglasville, Georgia and I'm waxing nostalgic in front of my computer (Command Console #1 in the Situation Room, Mr. Joe Fowler).  I'm nearing the bottom of my second Gimlet for the evening and I thought that I'd share a great YouTube video that I came across while just surfing along on the Internet (Surf Along Silvery Moon…wait…that's another song by Billy Vaughn from 1957…sorry).  

The link below is of the famous Carter Family…Mama Maybelle with daughters June, Anita and Helen.  Pure wonderful, musical Americana!  And, the announcer is T. Tommy Cutrer, a very famous announcer from the Golden Days of Radio on WSM and, in particular, The Grand Ol' Opry.  I can hear him now while falling asleep many nights in Jacksonville, Florida to the nightlight and sounds of my "All American Five" (Electrical Engineers will understand that) radio: "You're tuned to the voice of the National Life and Accident Insurance Company, Clear Channel 650, WSM, Nashville, Tennessee!"  Tommy, who left us way too early in 1998, was from the little small town of Osyka, Mississippi.  A great announcer!  Ladies and Gentlemen, The Carter Family!


CBP

1 comment:

Please keep it civil.